Beccles Medical Centre recruits new clinician to help tackle staffing shortage
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A medical practice suffering from ongoing staffing issues is welcoming the arrival of a locum doctor to help deal with patient demand.
Dr Lauren Whittaker will be joining Beccles Medical Centre for three days a week from Tuesday, October 10.
A spokesman for the centre said: 'We are pleased to welcome Dr Whittaker to Beccles Medical Centre.
'She will be joining us as a long-term locum on Tuesday and we look forward to working with her.'
The past six months has seen four GPs retire, four resign and another take long-term sick leave.
You may also want to watch:
Staffing issues have been forcing the practice to ask patients to self-care and only contact it with 'urgent medical problems.'
The spokesman added: 'We are continuing to work closely with the Clinical Commissioning Group to recruit further clinicians and will keep our patients informed as these plans progress.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
'We would like to thank our patients once more for their ongoing support during this period.'