Beccles Medical Centre recruits new clinician to help tackle staffing shortage
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A medical practice suffering from ongoing staffing issues is welcoming the arrival of a locum doctor to help deal with patient demand.
Dr Lauren Whittaker will be joining Beccles Medical Centre for three days a week from Tuesday, October 10.
A spokesman for the centre said: 'We are pleased to welcome Dr Whittaker to Beccles Medical Centre.
'She will be joining us as a long-term locum on Tuesday and we look forward to working with her.'
The past six months has seen four GPs retire, four resign and another take long-term sick leave.
Staffing issues have been forcing the practice to ask patients to self-care and only contact it with 'urgent medical problems.'
The spokesman added: 'We are continuing to work closely with the Clinical Commissioning Group to recruit further clinicians and will keep our patients informed as these plans progress.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
'We would like to thank our patients once more for their ongoing support during this period.'