Beccles: Mark Harrod delivers the goals for Chelsea FC
- Credit: Archant
Sports equipment manufacturer Mark Harrod Ltd has supplied new freestanding goals at Chelsea FC's state-of-the-art training ground at Cobham in Surrey.
The portable goals are a new product from Mark Harrod, and the latest of its additions to Chelsea's £20million training grounds.
At 140 acres, the Cobham training ground is one of the largest and best equipped in Europe, catering for all of Chelsea's players, male and female, from the first team right down to the youth teams.
Beccles-based Mark Harrod has provided eight freestanding goals, giving the club the flexibility to train with UEFA standard goals on any of Cobham's 30 pitches.
Each goal comes with fully adjustable UEFA net supports, free-hanging box nets, easy lift wheels and internal weights, allowing them to be transported easily and remain safe when in position.
You may also want to watch:
Using portable goals across Cobham's training pitches have ensured their pristine condition, especially around the heavily used goalmouth area.
Mark Harrod recommended the freestanding goals after consulting with the head groundsman at Cobham, Jason Griffin, about Chelsea's training practices and requirements. This is a familiar process for Mark Harrod, which has been supplying Chelsea since 2005, including the stadium goals at the club's Stamford Bridge home ground.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 6 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 7 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 8 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 9 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day