Beccles go-kart event to raise money for new EACH hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles couple are organising a charity go-kart event to raise money for the nook appeal launched by East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The event will be held at Ellough Park Raceway, near Beccles, on April 12, and organisers Olly and Claire Larkin are hoping to attract as many teams as possible to battle for the title of EACH Grand Prix champion 2015.
The pair hope to raise in excess of £5,000 which will go toward's the charity's appeal to build and equip a state of the art hospice in Framingham Pigot, near Norwich. The new building will be a replacement for the existing facility at Quidenham, which is becoming rapidly outdated.
In order for this to become a reality, EACH needs to raise £10 million.
The event will follow an endurance race format similar to the annual Le Mans 24 Hours; albeit, much shorter in length. Teams can be made up of friends, family members or colleagues from work, with three to five drivers. Each team will be given sponsorship packs and organisers are requesting that teams should try to raise a combined minimum of £100.
You may also want to watch:
The event costs £100 to enter per team and includes the hire of a go-kart, racing overalls, gloves and helmets, a 10 minute qualifying session, a one hour endurance race and a 10 lap sprint final.
The lead sponsor for the event is Accurate Data Services. Chief executive David Rich said: 'EACH provides a vital service to very sick children and their families across the region, and need all the help they can get. Becoming involved with this successful event is a wonderful opportunity as charities make up the backbone of the UK. Causes need our support to ensure their survival for years to come.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
To book your team's place or for further information on how you can support the event, email email@example.com or call 07847141431.
•Are you organising a charity event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org