Hitting the high note: Christmas Oratorio performance by Choral Society
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles Choral Society will return for the festive season as they host a performance of 'Christmas Oratorio'.
Following their sell-out concert with Gippeswyk Singer at Snape Maltings Concert Hall earlier in the year, the group will perform to St Michael's Church later this month for the Christmas period.
Boasting a track list from 1735, the audience will experience a light and lyrical performance with woodwinds and harpsichord.
Originally written in German, the choir will sing a translation into English of a well-chosen selection of the arias, recitatives and choruses. Tickets can be purchased for from the Beccles Bookshop and from Cheryl Coutts on 01502 714655 for £12, children under 16 are free.
The performance will take place on Sunday, November 25 at 4.30pm in St Michael's Church, Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
On December 16, the choir will present their annual Christmas concert at the Sir John Leman High School in Beccles.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats