Beccles care home staff recognised for long service
- Credit: Archant
Four members of staff at a Beccles care home have been thanked and recognised for their long service.
Staff at The White House in Ashman's Road have accrued almost 70 years of service for the home in a range of roles, and were presented with certificates and gifts for their dedication.
Julie Knights, home manager, was recognised for 17 years' service. She joined in 2000 as an evening carer before progressing to senior carer, administrator, deputy manager then manager.
Senior carer Kim Messenger was thanked for an impressive 27 years' service, having started at the home in 1989 as a care assistant.
Tara Penfold, the home's administrator, was recognised for 12 years' service, joining in 2005 as a weekend domestic assistant.
You may also want to watch:
And Sue Burmby was thanked for 15 years' service, joining the home in 2002 as a domestic assistant before becoming a care assistant.
The home is part of the Healthcare Homes Group, and the group's chief executive officer Gordon Cochrane, along with chief operating officer Helen Gidlow visited the home on May 17 to mark their milestones.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig
Mr Cochrane said: 'It was a real pleasure to present these members of staff with certificates to recognise their dedication to The White House over so many years.
'As a group, we are fortunate that across our 35 homes, a large number of our staff remain with us for many years, and these employees deliver professional, high quality care to our residents day in, day out. It is wonderful to celebrate their achievements as we highlight the excellent improvements that have been at the home in recent months.'
The presentation comes as the home celebrates significant investment made at The White House over the past nine months. Residents have benefitted from new bathrooms and windows as well as extensive refurbishments to the communal areas and dining rooms.
The home can provide residential care for up to 31 residents, including those living with dementia, and looks to provide a home from home environment for those they care for.
•Have you been presented with a special award? Email the details to email@example.com