Bearded dragon spotted in Norfolk garden
- Credit: Archant
You don't see one of these in your garden every day.
Clare Denoff from Snowdrop Grove in Downham Market spotted a brightly coloured bearded dragon in her flower beds on Saturday.
Ms Denoff said: "I was sat outside and I could not believe what I saw- it was not a dog or a cat- but a bright orange and yellow bearded dragon.
"It was merrily running across the grass and I thought: 'Oh my goodness where has it come from."
The uninvited reptile used the garden as its very own playground and hotel- staying overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Following unsuccessful attempts to find the owner, the freeloader was gently coaxed into a cat box and taken to Vet4pets in King's Lynn on Sunday. It is subsequently being cared for by a vet.
"It was so bizarre but also amazing that it turned up on the hottest day of the year. I'd happily babysit again but I would like prior warning next time."
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move