Join our beach clean at Old Hunstanton
Our big coastal clean-up gets under way this weekend.
We're inviting readers to join us at Old Hunstanton Beach, to help remove rubbish from the shoreline.
The EDP's Big Coast Clean Up is being backed by councillors, the RSPB, the Marine Conservation Society, and wildlife TV presenter and naturalist Ajay Tegala.
As well as helping to keep the beaches of Norfolk and Waveney free of litter and rubbish, our aim is to educate and raise awareness of what is becoming a growing environmental problem.
Rubbish such as crisp packets, six-pack rings, and food wrappers can cause long-lasting damage to the environment and marine wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
We're organising four clean-ups in August. To take part in the first, come to the Old Hunstanton Cliff car park for 10.30am (near the ramp down to the beach) on Saturday, August 4. Email email@example.com for more information.
The week after, on August 11, it will be the turn of one of North Norfolk's beautiful beaches. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to get involved.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
For those on the east coast, come down to Lowestoft's North Denes on Sunday, August 19, at 10am to join the combined Big Blue Ocean Clean Up and Big Coast Clean Up opposite Lighthouse Cafe on the green. Email email@example.com for information.
And finally, our last beach clean will be in Great Yarmouth on the weekend of August 25 and 26. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.