Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- Credit: Google StreetView
A garden centre manager said they may have to reconsider the arrangements for part of their car park after a group of Travellers camped there over night.
The Travellers stayed at the Bawdeswell Garden Centre car park, across from the centre on Norwich Road, which is just off the main A1067 Norwich to Fakenham Road.
Kevin Morris, business manager at the garden centre, said at about 4.30pm on Wednesday that the Travellers were in the process of moving off the site. Mr Morris said police had been there all day.
He said: "They arrived last night (Tuesday). There has been about 12-14 caravans, so quite a large group.
"The police responded quite quickly. We had to decide whether we could open today, and because there has been a police presence here, we decided we could open.
"We have had no trouble in the store, but there has been some concern."
Mr Morris said it was a relief the Travellers appeared to be leaving the site.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong
He said the garden centre had not been able to use that part of its car park on Wednesday, so the presence of the Travellers had affected trade. He said: "It's the first time we have had it here. We are going to have to consider what we do with the car park."