Bascule bridge ‘will not be raised to shipping’ during Remembrance services
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The Bascule bridge 'will not be raised to shipping' during this weekend's Remembrance Day parade and service in Lowestoft.
Associated British Ports issued a Notice To Mariners (NTM), via the Harbour Master, concerning use of Lowestoft Harbour for the Remembrance Day Parade and Service this weekend.
It states: "Mariners and port users are advised that the annual Remembrance Day parade and service will take place on Sunday morning, November 10.
"To permit the safe passage of the parade and spectators, the Bascule bridge will not be raised to shipping during the hours of 10.45am and 11.30am.
"The small vessel opening at 11.15am will be delayed until 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
"Also a small service will be held at 11am on Monday, November 11, therefore the Bascule bridge will not be raised to shipping between 10.45am and 11.15am.
"Mariners and port users are thanked for their co-operation in advance."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation