City centre road closed after car crashes into railings
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich city centre road was closed this evening after a car crashed into railings outside a toy shop.
It happened just before 6.30pm, when two cars were involved in the crash in Barn Road.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman said a car had gone into the railings outside Toys R Us.
He said: 'It seems it has flipped on its wheels but there do not seem to be any injuries. There is one vehicle blocking Barn Road on Westwick Street and the road is closed between Westwick Street and Grapes Hill.'
Norfolk Fire and Rescue were also called to the scene, where they made the scene and vehicles safe.
You may also want to watch:
But the police spokesman said the road could be closed for some time as one of the vehicles appeared to be leaking fuel.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer