Bank Holiday weekend weather: Forecasters predict rain across Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
Those hoping to see some sizzling temperatures this bank holiday may be disappointed as forecasters predict that rain will dominate Norfolk's weather across the three days.
A weather front from the south will bring heavy showers across the region on Saturday and mixed with humid air this could lead to some thunderstorms inland. There is less chance of seeing a shower on Sunday, but it is likely that rain will be back with the county on Monday afternoon.
Chris Hill at UEA-based Weatherquest said that if people want to enjoy some dry weather over the weekend they should head for the coast.
'Across the bank holiday weekend, if you want to escape any showers it looks like the coast, especially north Norfolk, will be much drier then inland,' he said. 'Although the northerly winds will make it feel a lot cooler then inland but you are much less likely to see any rain there.'
Temperatures will stay between 17C and 19C which is slightly higher then average for this time of year but Mr Hill was quick to dismiss the claims that the county will see a three-month heat wave starting in June, which has been reported in the national media.
You may also want to watch:
It has been suggested that due to high pressure caused by the El Nino and La Nina weather pattern that the county would bath in temperatures above 30C throughout the summer but Mr Hill said it was impossible to say for sure.
'What has happened is that some people have looked at the weather pattern in the past and how that caused hot weather then predicted the same for this summer,' he said. 'You can't really starting predicting these things until at least ten days before.'
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub