Banham Zoo to hold Pokémon Go event this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A craze which has spread around the world will be making its way to one of the region's biggest tourist attractions.
Banham Zoo will launch a Pokémon Go Lure event this weekend.
Based on a Japanese video game and television series, the interactive game is played on mobile phones and sees players capturing animal-like creatures, Pokémon, which they then train.
On Saturday Pokémon Go players will set off a lure module - where Pokémon gather - at the 12 PokéStops, where players can find items they need to become a Pokémon master, every 30 minutes.
It is expected that hundreds of extra guests will visit the Zoo hoping to catch them all.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Rowe, park operations manager, said: 'It's exciting to learn that the zoo has so many PokéStops and gyms, for our guests who are playing Pokémon Go.
'As well as over 2,000 animals from around the world, we can also now claim to be home to hundreds of digital ones too.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
'You can actually see a lot of similarities that some of the Pokémon characters have with real world animals - where else are you going to be able to take photos of some of your favourite Pokémon, with their real world look-a-likes? On top of all that, it's a safe place to play.'
The zoo offers free WiFi.
Tickets to visit Banham Zoo on the day of the event can be purchased at zoo admission on arrival or by visiting http://www.banhamzoo.co.uk/