Band from Suffolk town of Eye hopes to hit right notes at finals
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk band is hoping to be the toast of our region when it takes part in a prestigious national competition next month.
Castleton Brass, based in Eye and which has 28 members, will be competing in the finals of the National Brass Band Championships at Cheltenham Racecourse on September 17. The band is the current London and Southern Counties 4th Section regional champion.
Christine Wade, band chairman, said: 'We are really looking forward to it. This is the second year we've qualified. We will be against 19 other bands at the final.'
The band is looking to businesses or individuals to sponsor players going to the finals.
Contact Mrs Wade at email@example.com or on 01449 672600 or 07714 456546.
You may also want to watch:
Are you taking part in a major competition? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash