Balloons released as part of campaign to celebrate Norwich’s market - keep an eye out for a chance to win £50
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of balloons are floating above Norwich as part of a campaign to support the city's vibrant market.
The Great 2016 Norwich Market Balloon Race was launched at 2pm on Saturday in front of the market stalls as part of our Get Behind Your Market campaign.
It was launched in October to promote Norwich's historic market place.
All the balloons, which are biodegradeable, have labels attached, and those who find one are encouraged to fill in their details and pop it in the post.
The finders of the three balloons found furthest from the market will win £50.
You may also want to watch:
Since the campaign began, we have launched a Market Stall of the Week feature to celebrate the Fine City's stall holders.
There are 192 units on the market and a previous study has found that if the market was fully let it would bring an extra £15m into the economy.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
The closing date to return labels is Friday, December 9.
• What are your memories of Norwich market? Leave your comments below.