Balloons released as part of campaign to celebrate Norwich’s market - keep an eye out for a chance to win £50
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of balloons are floating above Norwich as part of a campaign to support the city's vibrant market.
The Great 2016 Norwich Market Balloon Race was launched at 2pm on Saturday in front of the market stalls as part of our Get Behind Your Market campaign.
It was launched in October to promote Norwich's historic market place.
All the balloons, which are biodegradeable, have labels attached, and those who find one are encouraged to fill in their details and pop it in the post.
The finders of the three balloons found furthest from the market will win £50.
Since the campaign began, we have launched a Market Stall of the Week feature to celebrate the Fine City's stall holders.
There are 192 units on the market and a previous study has found that if the market was fully let it would bring an extra £15m into the economy.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite
The closing date to return labels is Friday, December 9.
• What are your memories of Norwich market? Leave your comments below.