Charity dinner raises £3,000
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich charity dinner raised £3,000 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
The British Agricultural and Garden Machinery Association (BAGMA) hosted the dinner at Norwich Mercure with more than 130 guests attending.
Hosted by members Kevin and Liz Kirby the pair have been able to raise £17,715 for a group of charities including Marie Curie, Nelsons Journey and Farming Community Network.
The donation prompted Sophie Emmanuel from EAAA to invite members Fred Milk and John Rupp to the headquarters at Norwich Airport. They met the crew and were given a tour of the base
Mr Milk said: "Just as we were being shown one of the well kitted out helicopters the crew received a call.
You may also want to watch:
"We were ushered back inside the hangar to watch the take-off. Within four minutes the crew were airborne heading towards Great Yarmouth."
The next charity dinner will be held on March 10 next year.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft