Baby Ava’s a Klass act in every way
STEPHEN PULLINGER She's a real Klass act - and she looks just like her mum. That was the verdict of proud grandmother Bong Klass yesterday, hours after cuddling tiny Ava for the first time after her shock early arrival.
She's a real Klass act - and she looks just like her mum. That was the verdict of proud grandmother Bong Klass yesterday, hours after cuddling tiny Ava for the first time after her shock early arrival.
Although named after movie star Ava Gardner, Mrs Klass has no doubt her first grandchild has been born with the look of her M&S poster girl daughter Myleene.
She said: “I have to be biased but I think most of her features come from Myleene's side. She has Myleene's very dark hair.”
Mrs Klass said the family had raced to the hospital in London as soon as they heard the news of the birth, and Myleene's actor brother Don, 25, had been the first to see the new arrival.
“We were all there as a family, including my other daughter Jessie who is a television producer. Everyone was over the moon to see such a lovely baby girl.
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 3 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 4 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 5 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 6 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 7 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 8 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 9 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 10 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
“I am not sure if Myleene will want to take much time off work to bond with the baby, but grandmother is always here to babysit at any time of day or night,” she said.
Mrs Klass said Myleene, 29, had not been expecting the baby until the first week in September, but was in pain after finishing co-presenting The One Show on BBC1 on Wednesday evening.
Recalling the drama yesterday, she said: “Her fiancé Gray (Graham Quinn) took her to the doctor to get checked out and he said he thought her labour had started and she should be admitted to hospital. She was in labour for 15 hours before she gave birth at 1.45pm yesterday. Now she is absolutely exhausted.”
She said although Ava weighed in at a tiny 5lb 9oz, she was perfectly healthy and happy as long as she was being changed and fed.
Myleene grew up in Gorleston and her family was still based there when her career took off and she achieved chart fame with the pop group Hear'Say seven years ago. The former Yarmouth College girl's musical career changed direction with the launch of a classical album, and recently her television work has