Babel announced as first restaurant in new complex at Castle Mall
- Credit: Archant
The first restaurant to come to Castle Mall as part of multi-million pound plans to boost the city's leisure offerings has been revealed as Babel, a bar and restaurant which is also located in Clapham Junction, London.
The bar is owned by Faucet Inn who have fifteen pubs, bars and restaurants across the capital and south of England.
However, only the one in Clapham Junction is also called Babel, so we're expecting something similar from the Norwich branch.
The website description for the London Babel reads: 'By day Babel is an ideal meeting place for drinks and a bite to eat. By night it's a vibrant, fun, late-opening bar with eclectic music.'
The menu includes flatbreads, burgers, pizzas and salads and a large selection of wines, beers and cocktails.
Plans were revealed by a license application pinned to the boards on Grouts Thoroughfare at the top of Timber Hill.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant will occupy unit six and seven of The Terrace in Castle Mall.
The opening date for the new development is currently unknown, but it is set to open early this year. Faucet Inn has been approached for comment.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project