Babel announced as first restaurant in new complex at Castle Mall
- Credit: Archant
The first restaurant to come to Castle Mall as part of multi-million pound plans to boost the city's leisure offerings has been revealed as Babel, a bar and restaurant which is also located in Clapham Junction, London.
The bar is owned by Faucet Inn who have fifteen pubs, bars and restaurants across the capital and south of England.
However, only the one in Clapham Junction is also called Babel, so we're expecting something similar from the Norwich branch.
The website description for the London Babel reads: 'By day Babel is an ideal meeting place for drinks and a bite to eat. By night it's a vibrant, fun, late-opening bar with eclectic music.'
The menu includes flatbreads, burgers, pizzas and salads and a large selection of wines, beers and cocktails.
Plans were revealed by a license application pinned to the boards on Grouts Thoroughfare at the top of Timber Hill.
The restaurant will occupy unit six and seven of The Terrace in Castle Mall.
The opening date for the new development is currently unknown, but it is set to open early this year. Faucet Inn has been approached for comment.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'