Drivers can expect delays all week as road near hospital closed
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Drivers have been warned to expect delays all week on a busy road out of Norwich.
The B1108 Watton Road is closed westbound between the A47 and Hethersett Lane all week due to roadworks.
A diversion route is in place route via the A47, A11 and Earlham Road, and the road is open eastbound.
The lane closure is likely to cause additional congestion on other routes out of the city, particularly during the evening rush hour, and people are advised to allow extra time for making journeys in the area during this week.
The B1108 Watton Road at Colney is the main route between the A47 and Norwich Research Park and the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, and has become increasingly busy in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
The road is being widened along a three-quarter-mile stretch of the road between the A47 and Hethersett Lane junction by around two metres, to make room for central hatch markings to separate the lanes of traffic, enable more space at the edge of the road and allow for slightly wider lanes.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich