Country show seeking the best food producers in Norfolk for new award
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of the Aylsham Show want to hear from new small businesses, as it relaunches its Food and Drink Hero Award.
Businesses started within the past three to five years, with a turnover of under £100,000, are invited to apply to be crowned the Aylsham Show Food and Drink Hero 2019.
The winner will receive the Ken Dye Memorial Salver, a free stand in the food marquee at the show, and their business will also be promoted through the association.
Alexandra Haswell, chairman of the awards committee, said: "Our award is looking to encourage anyone starting out in the food and drink industry who has a passion for Norfolk produce."
About 17,000 visitors will flock to the parkland of the Blickling Estate on Bank Holiday Monday, August 26.
The deadline for entries is July 14 and they can be submitted online at theaylshamshow.co.uk/competitions/ or posted to Just Regional, Penfold Street, Aylsham, NR11 6ET.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us