Awards celebrate the best of Norfolk and Suffolk tourism
- Credit: submitted
It's no secret that tourism is a major contributor to Norfolk and Suffolk's economies.
The value of the sector to both counties cannot be underestimated, whether from a job creation point of view or simply providing an unforgettable holiday destination experience for a family.
The region is blessed with an abundance of attractions including miles of beautiful coastline, the magnificent Broads and some stunning rural countryside.
It really does have it all.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Tourism Awards 2018 is a celebration of all the region has to offer and looks to reward companies and individuals who live and love the place they call home.
This is the 14th year of celebrating the awards in Norfolk, but the first time the two counties are being merged.
Hoseasons is once again the headline sponsor and in a statement, the company said: 'Norfolk and Suffolk are at the heart of the original Hoseasons business and the two counties continue to play a key role in delivering amazing holidays for our customers from across the UK.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
EDP editor David Powles said the tourism industry was growing across the region and needed to be supported and developed with the aim of making this the premier holiday destination in the UK.
'We are again proud to be associated with the awards which recognise all the hard work that companies and individuals put into making our area one of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country.'
Terry Hunt, EADT editor, said: 'Tourism is a huge, and fast-growing, part of the economy in both Suffolk and Norfolk. It supports huge numbers of businesses and provides many thousands of jobs. I'm delighted that the EADT and EDP are recognising this and celebrating the very best of the region's tourism industry.
'I know there are so many hard-working and creative people in tourism, so I really hope we have a huge number of entries!'
Nominations are now open - and will remain so until August 13. The awards ceremony will take place in February at a venue that will be revealed closer to the time. To nominate your favourite tourism attraction, hotel, event and many more please visit http://tourismawards.co.uk/