Award-winning theatre performance Finding Joy is coming to Diss
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning theatre performance which follows the story of a teenager looking after his dementia-suffering grandmother is coming to Diss.
Finding Joy, performed by the Vamos Theatre company, has been shown across the UK and Europe, and approaches the subject of dementia with humour and humanity.
It is based on the true-life story of Danny, an 18-year-old boy, who looked after his grandmother, Joy, as she made her way through dementia.
His methods were unorthodox, but he was a natural carer and looked after her with an inspiring freshness and positivity.
Joy is 83, funny, loves to dance, and is losing her memory. And when her grandson decides to look after her, they discover a shared playfulness and a mutual affection.
You may also want to watch:
The production will be at the Corn Hall in Diss on September 28. To book tickets, call 01379 652241 or visit www.thecornhall.co.uk
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move