Authorities identify Manchester Arena suspected bomber as Salman Abedi after attack at Ariana Grande concert
- Credit: PA
Authorities have identified the suspected Manchester suicide bomber as Salman Abedi, reports say.
The Press Association reported the name on Tuesday afternoon, after it was initially published by American news agencies.
It comes after 22 people were killed and 59 injured in a terrorist attack at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena on Monday night.
MORE: 22 dead and 59 injured in terrorist bombing at Ariana Grande concert at Manchester ArenaThe suicide bomber was killed in the blast, and a 23-year-old man was arrested in connection with the attack in south Manchester on Tuesday.
The injured are being treated at hospitals across Greater Manchester, and a hotline has been set up for those with concerns over loved ones who remain unaccounted for.
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday, the first victim was named as college student Georgina Callander, while eight-year-old schoolgirl Saffie Roussos was also killed.
It is understood that prime minister Theresa May, who arrived in Manchester early on Tuesday, made a private visit to Manchester Children's Hospital.
• To see live coverage of the incident, click here.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project