‘What a night’ - Ticketless Tasmanian fan who flew 10,000 miles for Norwich match lands ticket
- Credit: Archant
It is the question on everyone's lips.
Did Winsor Dobbin, who travelled more than 10,000 miles to see the Canaries play, manage to get a ticket?
The 63-year-old wine consultant and journalist, who was raised in Norfolk, travelled from Tasmania off Australia to watch the Man City and Canaries clash on Saturday night - despite not having a ticket.
As a supporter of the Carrow Road club for more than 50 years, Mr Dobbin said he had to take the chance and put out an appeal on social media.
On Twitter, he said: "Made it to Norwich from #Tasmania and looking for a ticket for #NCFC on Saturday. Fingers crossed."
You may also want to watch:
And generous social media users rallied around Mr Dobbin and he purchased a ticket to watch Norwich City's victory.
He said: "I also got two offers of season tickets. My friends are all saying I am a Norwich City good luck charm. What a night!"
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks