Audi reveals all-new Q5 SUV
- Credit: Audi
Audi has revealed the latest version of its popular Q5 sport utility vehicle which has been completely redesigned from the ground up.
Audi says it comes with a 'strong focus on connectivity, driver assistance, aeroacoustics and driving dynamics' after unveiling it the 2016 Paris Motor Show.
At launch, the new Q5 will be powered by a 187bhp 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine that produces, and Audi claims that fuel consumption has been significantly reduced.
This engine will then be joined by a 249bhp 2.0-litre turbo petrol, with claimed fuel consumption of 41.5mpg combined and CO2 emissions of 154g/km.
A third engine will be a heavily-revised 282bhp 3.0-litre V6 turbo diesel with 620 Newton metres of torque.
The new Quattro drivetrain with 'ultra technology' comes as standard and the 3.0-litre TDI will be offered with a sport differential as an additional option.
A range of new safety and assistance systems are also included with the new Q5, which Audi claims are a step towards 'piloted driving'. Such safety features include active lane assist, adaptive cruise control and distance warning.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
Rupert Stadler, chairman of the board of management at Audi AG, said: 'The first Audi Q5 was, for many years, the world's best-selling SUV in its class. It was no easy task to design its successor, but that is precisely why it is so very exciting.
'With the new Q5 we are setting the bar a notch higher. Among the great innovations are the Quattro drive system with ultra technology, highly-efficient engines, the air suspension with damper control and a comprehensive line-up of infotainment and assistance systems.'
Orders for the new Q5 are scheduled open in the UK towards the end of this year, with the first customer deliveries taking place in spring.