Auction deadline for popular Norwich restaurant approaches
The future of popular Norwich restaurant 103, on Unthank Road, could be resolved today as a deadline set by administrators looms.
The cafe, deli and restaurant has proved very successful in recent years but unexpectedly closed down at the end of last month, to the shock of local residents.
A notice that 103's parent company, Norfolk Harvest Preserved Ltd, had gone into liquidation was then formally listed in The London Gazette on Monday, December 5.
Thetford-based auctioneers George Hazell & Co have been asked to seek a single suitable offer to take on the lease and assets of 103.
The auctioneers have set a deadline of 2pm this afternoon to complete the tender process via its internet auction.
Company director, Peter Hazell, said: 'I am pleased to say we have a number of interested parties and I am sure these premises will be reinstated as a restaurant again shortly.'
The restaurant was opened in January 2009 by a pair of award-winning chefs, Brendan Ansbro and Sam Hanison.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 8 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 9 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 10 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
Mr Ansbro is highly regarded by the UK's chefs and food critics and has contributed to cookery books by people, including Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.
While Mr Hanison's father, Andrew, bought the Unthank Arms pub and turned it into one of the city's most popular drinking and eating venues.
Between them the pair have cooked for many celebrities and worked at some of the best known restaurants in Norwich, including Tatler's and Adlards.
Do you know of a popular Norwich business that is closing? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org