Attleborough young dancers selected for English Youth Ballet show in Norwich
Budding young dancers from the Mulbarton and Attleborough areas have been selected to be part of the English Youth Ballet's production of the romantic ballet Giselle.
The award-winning English Youth Ballet will take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage from Friday, June 29 and Saturday, June 30.
Attleborough teenagers Rhiannon Harris, 14, and her sister Anabel, 12, who are members of Judith Fox School of Dance were selected.
Rhiannon is looking forward to taking to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage. She said: 'I started dancing when I was about 5. I am not sure why – I think my mum wanted me to! I really liked it and carried on.'
'I am really looking forward to it for the performance experience and learning new techniques. When I am older I want to go into the music business. I play the piano and guitar and would love to be in a band.'
Heather Kelly, 14, from Mulbarton, Mia Kruger, 10, of Attleborough, Abbie Thompson, 14, of Carleton Rode, and Kate Walsh, of Attleborough, have also been selected.
English Youth Ballet's large cast ensures that each ballet is performed with the scale and grandeur which was originally intended.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
Ben Garner, company manager, said: 'Working with English Youth Ballet will most probably be the highlight of these talented young dancer's careers, to date. The audiences watching EYB are in for a unique and exciting experience too.'
For more information, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk