Attleborough salon owner Sophie Holden will take to the catwalk in Miss Europe contest
- Credit: Archant
An Attleborough woman is one of just 40 from across Europe who will be taking part in the final of a beauty contest.
Sophie Holden, 25, will take part in the Miss Europe final in Hertford on May 20-21.
Miss Holden, who runs a salon called Sophie's Glitz, Nails and Beauty, said she was excited about the contest, which would involve a catwalk show and answering questions in interviews.
The mum-of-one said: 'It's quite a big achievement to get through to the finals and it will be a great experience.'
Miss Holden said she had been modelling as a hobby for about a year.
There is also a charity element to the contest, and Miss Holden is raising money for the The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity in memory of her grandfather, Ronald Moore, who recently died from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Over the two-day event, Miss Holden and the other contestants will vie for the titles of Miss Charity, Miss Publicity, Miss Popularity, Miss Photogenic and Miss Beach Body - all of which earn them points.
The winner will be crowned Miss Europe, who will promote next year's contest.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
Miss Holden said she was also donating 10pc of the proceeds from beauty treatments at her salon to the charity.
Donations can be made online at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Sophie-Holden1