Attleborough landlady becomes new town mayor
A publican has been elected as the new mayor of Attleborough Town Council.
On May 8, the town council elected Samantha Taylor to be the new town mayor and Shane Schucroft to be deputy.
Mrs Taylor replaces Karen Pettitt who served as mayor in 2011/12.
The landlady has served as a town councillor for the last four years and has lived in Attleborough for the past 23 years. She attended high school in the town, is married to Stephen and has four children.
The landlady of The London Tavern public house, Sam runs her business with the help and support of her husband and family.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Taylor and her family support many local and national charities and she is still giving consideration to which worthy cause she will support through her year as mayor.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council