A mum’s small town yard sale grew to 60 households
- Credit: Archant
A community yard sale spanning 35 roads is coming to a town on Monday.
More than 60 households have registered to take part in the first-time free event in Attleborough.
It is organised by Attleborough mum Kate Pennington, who works for Norfolk disability charity NANSA.
The 35-year-old said: 'It was originally a discussion on Facebook saying how we should all do a sale at the same time.
'Next thing I know there's 60 houses involved! It's already given me ideas for how to improve it next year, maybe doing it for charity.'
A free draw for every household registered on the Facebook page Attleborough Bank Holiday Yard Sale will have a prize provided by Abbeygate Cars of a full car valet.
Sellers can place their unwanted items on their driveways between 10.30am and 1.30pm and buyers can view the locations on a map on display at Abbeygate Cars.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible