Attention teenage dirtbags - Wheatus are coming to Norwich
- Credit: PA
Chart-topping pop-rockers Wheatus are coming to Norwich for a gig at The Waterfront later this year.
The band, famous for their debut single Teenage Dirtbag, will play a headline show in the city on May 30, as part of a UK tour.
Consisting of guitarist and vocalist Brendan B. Brown, bass player Matthew Milligan, Mark Palmer on keys and drummer Leo Freire, with Gabrielle Sterbenz and Joey Slater on backing vocals, the band were formed in Northport, New York in 1995.
The band will be supported by American singer-songwriter Mike Doughty who founded the band Soul Coughing.
Fans can expect Wheatus to play new material - they have a new single called Tipsy out now - alongside their famous hits.
You may also want to watch:
The news of their gig in the city follows a string of other popular artists announcing shows in Norwich including Stormzy, Shed Seven and Status Quo.
• Tickets are on sale now and cost £19.25.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars