Attempted burglary in Great Yarmouth
Police are urging householders in Great Yarmouth to report suspicious activity following an attempted burglary.
The incident took place around 3 am on Monday July 4 when someone attempted to gain entry to a property on Manby Road via a ground floor window.
Detective Inspector Pettengell said: 'House to house enquiries have led us to discover that local residents have heard their doors being interfered with and noises that could be associated with attempted break-ins but have decided not to call police.
'I would urge anyone who hears or sees anything suspicious to dial 999. Calls of this nature are crucial and mean we can act immediately to dispatch officers to that area, giving us a greater chance of detaining a suspect.'
Officers will be carrying out additional patrols in the area.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any information contact Great Yarmouth CID on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones