Astronaut Chris Hadfield makes his first voyage to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
He has made more than 2,000 orbits of the earth and travelled to places where very few people have gone before.
But today Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield touched down in Norwich for the first time as part of a special book signing.
The 57-year-old was greeted by around 300 fans outside Waterstones as they waited to have their copies of his new children's book signed.
And despite the large crowds, he took the time to speak with each person, both young and old, as they came up to meet him.
Speaking about his first visit to the Fine City, he said: 'Norwich is lovely, and you can just see the age of the city and all the different layers of its architecture. I'd love to come back here when I have a little more time.'
You may also want to watch:
His new picture book, The Darkest Dark, is inspired by his childhood.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden