Astronaut Chris Hadfield makes his first voyage to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
He has made more than 2,000 orbits of the earth and travelled to places where very few people have gone before.
But today Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield touched down in Norwich for the first time as part of a special book signing.
The 57-year-old was greeted by around 300 fans outside Waterstones as they waited to have their copies of his new children's book signed.
And despite the large crowds, he took the time to speak with each person, both young and old, as they came up to meet him.
Speaking about his first visit to the Fine City, he said: 'Norwich is lovely, and you can just see the age of the city and all the different layers of its architecture. I'd love to come back here when I have a little more time.'
You may also want to watch:
His new picture book, The Darkest Dark, is inspired by his childhood.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships