Aslacton woman is ready for her first marathon challenge
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
At the end of this month Judy Bolger will be pounding the streets of the capital as she joins the thousands of people taking part in the London Marathon.
And for the 55-year-old, who lives on Pottergate Street in Aslacton, it will be her first marathon.
She said: 'I wish I had done it 30 years earlier. It is something I have watched for years and I have always said I would like to do it. I used to do long distance running at school and it's been on my bucket list.
'I decided to give it a go and I was absolutely delighted to get a place straight away.'
The mother-of-two, who works at Badger Associates, will be taking on the 26 mile course to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association – and hopes to raise £1,000.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I wanted to run for something that was well known but not a big charity. It is so difficult to diagnose the condition. I know people who have friends with it.'
Mrs Bolger will be cheered on by her family and friends on April 24 and although she said she has been active her whole life she knows it will be a tough experience.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 8 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
She said: 'My ambition is to finish the marathon and doing it in five or six hours I would be delighted with that. I am excited and I am apprehensive. Several of my friends have run it and they said it is a fantastic occasion.
'My training is going really well and I have completed 21 miles. On the day I am just going to run at a steady pace.'
To sponsor Mrs Bolger visit https://www.justgiving.com/Judy-Bolger