As Norwich Cathedral is being transformed into a film set for Tulip Fever, are scenes for Avengers: Age of Ultron also about to be filmed in Norwich?
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Norwich seems to be the Hollywood destination of choice this month with scenes for two films being shot in the city.
As these photos show, work is well under way with the construction of the film set for Tulip Fever in Norwich Cathedral cloister, and filming is expected to begin soon.
Meanwhile scenes for another film - believed to be Avengers: Age of Ultron - are due to be filmed at the Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, on the University of East Anglia campus, on Friday.
A UEA spokesman confirmed that the Sainsbury Centre had been booked out until the end of Friday but said they were unable to comment further.
There are reports online of students being invited to audition last month for 'Afterparty,' which is thought to be the code name for Avengers: Age of Ultron.
You may also want to watch:
The film website IMDb lists Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr and Samuel L. Jackson among the stars of the new Avengers film.
Tulip Fever, based on the novel by Deborah Moggach who also penned The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, also has an all-star cast. The 17th-century romance tells the story of an artist who falls for a married young woman while he's commissioned to paint her portrait.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
Dame Judi Dench is among the Tulip Fever cast listed on the IMDb website alongside Christoph Waltz (Django Unchained and Water for Elephants), Holliday Grainger (Jane Eyre, The Borgias, and Anna Karenina), Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover and Due Date), and British model Cara Delevingne. Justin Chadwick, listed as the film's director, previously directed The Other Boleyn Girl and Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom.
The Tulip Fever film company is expected to be at Norwich Cathedral until June 25.