Lowestoft man arrested for murder returns to court
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of murder in Lithuania has appeared in court after being arrested in Lowestoft.
Arturas Kliauga was arrested near to his Cathcart Street home, in Lowestoft, on July 17 following a police surveillance operation.
Suffolk Police confirmed the 37-year-old was wanted for murder on a European Arrest Warrant in Lithuania.
After first appearing at Westminster Magistrates' Court the following morning, Kliauga returned to the court on Thursday, July 25, where he was remanded in custody until a pre-hearing conference at the court on August 22.
Kliauga was stopped by Suffolk Police's Drug and Scorpion Team on Love Road, in Lowestoft, at around 9.30pm on July 17.
You may also want to watch:
He was allegedly found in possession of 1kg of cannabis, with a net worth of around £11,000, police said.
He was arrested and charged with possession with intent to supply cannabis.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region