Armed Forces Day event in village pushed back to 2022
- Credit: Jessica Frank-Keyes
Armed Forces Day commemorations in a north Norfolk village have had be called off for the second year in a row due to Covid-19.
Lorna Fish, chairman of the Northrepps Poppyland branch of the Royal British Legion, said "words could not express" members' disappointment that the event, planned for June 26, could not go ahead.
Mrs Fish said everyone involved had been informed commemorations had been rescheduled to June 25, 2022.
She said: "It is very fair to say that we have met with much understanding, and we thank them so much as they are so disappointed too.
"The lifting of restrictions on June 21 is far too close, and in case this did not happen we just cannot run the risk."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Fish said committee members had decided that in-person branch meetings would resume on September 6.
She said: "In the meantime, to every one of our supporters, we hope to meet up with you all in the not too distant future, and our message is very clear - keep safe and well."
- 1 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 9 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 10 Police close section of A11 due to crash