Watch footage of burning power cable which left 5,000 homes in Drayton and Taverham without power
- Credit: Archant
Footage has captured a power cable on fire in Costessey which left more than 5,000 homes around Drayton and Taverham without power.
The homes were left without power at various points on Sunday, with an initial power cut in the morning, and an area wide blackout shortly before 1pm.
Power was switched back on at the majority of properties by 1.50pm, but it was later lost again at 7pm.
Andrew Wilson filmed the power cable which caused the cut on fire at Shallowbrook Lakes in Costessey.
UK Power Networks said they had managed to isolate the section of cable and restore power back to homes.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the initial cut, they said their engineers were 'working hard to fix it as quickly as possible' and apologised for any inconvenience.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree