Watch footage of burning power cable which left 5,000 homes in Drayton and Taverham without power
- Credit: Archant
Footage has captured a power cable on fire in Costessey which left more than 5,000 homes around Drayton and Taverham without power.
The homes were left without power at various points on Sunday, with an initial power cut in the morning, and an area wide blackout shortly before 1pm.
Power was switched back on at the majority of properties by 1.50pm, but it was later lost again at 7pm.
Andrew Wilson filmed the power cable which caused the cut on fire at Shallowbrook Lakes in Costessey.
UK Power Networks said they had managed to isolate the section of cable and restore power back to homes.
You may also want to watch:
At the time of the initial cut, they said their engineers were 'working hard to fix it as quickly as possible' and apologised for any inconvenience.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital