Are you ready for the hot stones cooking system in Cromer? It’s coming
- Credit: Archant
A new steak and seafood restaurant where you cook your own food using the hot stones system is coming to Cromer.
District councillor and fisherman John Lee and wife Donna have taken over the former Shelleys Pie and Mash Shop, which closed a few months ago, in Garden Street. The new restaurant will be called Hot Rocks.
Mr Lee said: 'We have not got a fixed opening date yet, but it will be near the end of the month.
'This will be unique to Cromer, using the hot stones system. You cook your steak or seafish at your own table.
'We first came across it on holiday in Portugal and we brought some of these stones back. We have been cooking this way at home. The shellfish and lobsters I catch myself.
You may also want to watch:
'We are often asked where's the best fish restaurant in Cromer, and we think there's a gap in the market.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area