Are you aware of changes First has made to some of their Norwich bus services?
- Credit: Archant
A raft of changes to bus services in Norwich have been made by operator First.
The changes, according to First Norfolk & Suffolk, are due to an ongoing review of demand, usage, passenger suggestions and their partnership with local stakeholders. They came into operation on Sunday.
There are now extra buses and routes on the Norwich network and brand new connections across the city - but some stops have been pulled.
Green Line (14/15)
Following the withdrawal of the Konectbus, the 15 service now travels beyond Brundall and Blofield to Acle where passengers can then connect to services to and from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Belton and Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
But due to theses changes, Blofield Heath will no longer be served after a review of passenger numbers found that only around 20 people used services from that stop each day.
Service 30 & 30A
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
The 30 service extends beyond Hellesdon Mill Corner to serve parts of Taverham, Thorpe Marriott and Drayton villages.
There are minor timetable adjustments to service 30A buses between the city centre and Hellesdon, Hercules Road, of which one journey per day will operate the loop around Hellesdon.
Charcoal Line (40/41)
The new fast X41 bus service runs hourly during the week between Bunday and St Stephens Street in the city, travelling via Ditchingham and stopping at all stops along the main road to Poringland and onto Norwich.
There are additional journeys extended to Bungay up to every 30 minutes at peak times that are numbered 41, and travel via Poringland Upgate.
• For more information visit the First Norfolk & Suffolk website.