Archant staff take part in charity football day at Carrow Road
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Archant staff took part in a charity football day at Carrow Road to raise funds for the Priscilla Bacon Hospice appeal.
The day saw three teams made up of staff from Archant Norfolk, publishers of the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, play each other in a tournament and raised £930 for the appeal, with match funding also hoping to be achieved.
Editor of the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, David Powles, said: "It was wonderful to see our staff enjoying themselves at a Premier League stadium.
"This is a really important appeal which will have a hugely positive impact and one we are very happy to support."
The Priscilla Bacon Lodge, at the Colman Hospital on Unthank Road, has a 40-year history, having opened in July 1979.
You may also want to watch:
However, there is an urgent need for expansion and an appeal has been launched to build a new, state-of-the-art hospice on land adjacent to the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital.
To find out more, visit https://www.priscillabaconhospice.org.uk/support-us/.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk