Archant boss in Newspaper Society role
Adrian Jeakings, chief executive of Archant, publisher of the EDP, is set to become president of the Newspaper Society.
Mr Jeakings, who succeeds Geraldine Allinson, chairman of the KM Group, in the role from tomorrow, said: 'The Newspaper Society plays an invaluable role in promoting the unique strengths and qualities of our industry, through initiatives such as the immensely successful Local Business Accelerators campaign, and I look forward to continuing this good work over the coming year.
'I would like to thank Geraldine for all the excellent work she has done to promote the important work of local newspapers across the UK.'
Mr Jeakings joined the Archant board as finance director in October 2002 and became chief executive in November 2008. A fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and was group finance director of the Stationery Office before joining Archant.
He is a graduate of Imperial College, London, and worked briefly as an engineer before training as an accountant at BICC plc. He is a director of the PA Group Limited and sits on the board of the NS. He is a governor of Norwich School and a member of the audit committee of the University of East Anglia.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 6 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant