Apple’s water resistant iPhone 7 and 7 Plus go on sale
- Credit: PA
Apple's latest smartphone, the iPhone 7, has gone on sale alongside a new version of the Apple Watch today, with smaller queues than previous years outside the tech giant's retail stores.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus comes in two new black finishes and are water resistant for the first time.
But some industry experts have questioned the need to update to the new device ahead of a major upgrade expected in the 10th anniversary iPhone due to be released next year.
However, Apple revealed on Thursday that the iPhone 7 Plus, which comes with dual rear cameras for the first time, had already sold out in all colours during the pre-order period, while the polished Jet Black finish iPhone 7 will also not be available to walk-in customers today.
This led to smaller queues outside the Apple Store in intu Chapelfield in Norwich and across the country.
You may also want to watch:
Upon announcing the new device earlier this month, Apple boss Tim Cook said the tech giant's aim was to create the 'most advanced smartphone' it has ever made.
The iPhone 7 also sees the removal of the device's headphone jack, with users now needing to connect headsets via the Lightning port, or use wireless headphones.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
• Have you got your hands on a new iPhone? Let us know what you think of the new device on Twitter via @EDP24.