Appeal to help kick-off Christmas shoebox appeal
- Credit: Rosedale Funeral Home
People in South Norfolk are being urged to donate old shoeboxes and supplies to a charity Christmas appeal.
Rosedale Funeral Home, which has branches in Diss, Wymondham and Attleborough, as well as Beccles, Halesworth and four other locations in north Suffolk, have been busy wrapping and packing shoeboxes for Link to Hope's Christmas Appeal.
More than 400 shoe boxes have already been filled with toys and practical gifts, such as toothbrushes, soap, notebooks and colouring pencils, and will be hand delivered to families and the elderly in Romania, Moldava, Ukraine and Bulgaria.
They will continue their efforts until the deadline of November 6 and are appealing for empty shoe boxes or donated items to pack inside. There will also be a wrap and fill party at Beccles on October 16 open to all.
'We set ourselves a target to try and organise more than 500 shoe boxes every year and with lots of help from local residents, we should be able to manage it again this year.' Said funeral arranger Kathryn Robinson.
For a full list of the items required is available at any branch of Rosedale Funeral Home or visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm