Appeal to help kick-off Christmas shoebox appeal
- Credit: Rosedale Funeral Home
People in South Norfolk are being urged to donate old shoeboxes and supplies to a charity Christmas appeal.
Rosedale Funeral Home, which has branches in Diss, Wymondham and Attleborough, as well as Beccles, Halesworth and four other locations in north Suffolk, have been busy wrapping and packing shoeboxes for Link to Hope's Christmas Appeal.
More than 400 shoe boxes have already been filled with toys and practical gifts, such as toothbrushes, soap, notebooks and colouring pencils, and will be hand delivered to families and the elderly in Romania, Moldava, Ukraine and Bulgaria.
They will continue their efforts until the deadline of November 6 and are appealing for empty shoe boxes or donated items to pack inside. There will also be a wrap and fill party at Beccles on October 16 open to all.
'We set ourselves a target to try and organise more than 500 shoe boxes every year and with lots of help from local residents, we should be able to manage it again this year.' Said funeral arranger Kathryn Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
For a full list of the items required is available at any branch of Rosedale Funeral Home or visit their Facebook page.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 7 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast