Appeal to find new tennis ace
- Credit: Archant
They possess talent, enthusiasm and dedication - now all these young tennis players need is a new coach to help fulfil their potential.
The up and coming aces attend regular Saturday morning sessions organised by North Walsham Tennis Club.
The number of players has boomed since the group started in 2014.
Many were inspired by tennis coach Colin Greenfield who sadly passed away last April.
Mr Greenfield, who died aged 68, helped the children develop their skills and a love for the game.
Now the club hope to find someone to carry forward his impressive legacy.
Club member Dave Sinar said: 'Colin was something else, he was amazing with the children and gave them a lesson in life
- 1 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 2 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 7 Seven of the oldest Norfolk businesses
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
'He was playing two or three weeks before he passed away and was a phenomenal person. He would be so proud of what the children have achieved.'
He added: 'A lot of them have potential to be superb players. Some have tennis lessons, but others cannot afford it. We need a coach to point them in the right direction and keep them playing.'
Members of Mr Greenfield's family have presented a shield in his memory to be presented to the most improved young player.
The first proud recipient was 10 year old Ben Sinar from North Walsham.
Ben, who attends Millfield Primary School, said: 'When we were told about the trophy I really wanted to win. When I called my mum she was so happy and all my family are really proud of me for winning. I just really enjoy playing tennis.'
The sessions, for seven to 13 year olds, take place Saturdays from 9am to 10am at North Walsham High School during the winter and at North Walsham Memorial Park throughout the summer.
Qualified tennis coaches interested in helping with the sessions should call Dave Sinar on 07786686338.