Appeal to find missing Henstead man Charles Samuel Watson renewed as trail runs cold
Fears for the welfare of a man who went missing after a friend's stag night in Great Yarmouth on Easter Monday are growing, as police confirmed the trail has run cold.
An appeal to find Charles Samuel Watson, known to his family and friends as Sam, was renewed tonight.
The 25-year-old last seen in the early hours of Easter Monday when he split up from his friends.
Mr Watson, of Henstead, Suffolk, had been due to stay with friends but did not show up, and police have been trawling CCTV footage and have deployed search parties to find his car since he was reported missing on Tuesday.
He was last seen at around 2am to 2.30am on Easter Monday in Caesars Bar, Marine Parade.
You may also want to watch:
And officers say they have no information to suggest why Mr Watson changed his plans, but believe he is still in the Great Yarmouth area.
Detective Inspector Sarah Pettengell told the EDP: 'We know he changed his mind for some reason and then the trail goes cold.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
'Speaking to his family and friends, it's completely out of character.
'We're not aware of any vulnerability. He had consumed alcohol so that makes him vulnerable, but we're not aware of any issues that would lead him to go missing.
'I think the other group were intending to call it a night but he carried on.'
Police believe Mr Watson - who was on a stag night but was not the groom - may be with the car he drove to Great Yarmouth in.
It is described as a silver VW Golf registration AY07 MGV, and officers are appealing for any sightings of this vehicle.
Famnily liaison officers met with Mr Watson's family - including his mother, father and sister - last night to build a better picture of him.
He had been on a stag do in Yarmouth on Sunday night but split up from his friends around 2am to 2.30am on Easter Monday.
He was due to stay with another friend in the town but contacted them around 2.15am to say he was not going to stay over, and has not been seen since.
Mr Watson is described as white, around 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build with short dark brown hair and green eyes. At the time he went missing he was wearing a checked shirt, blue jeans, dark Superdry jacket and brown boots.
Anyone who may have seen him since the early hours of Monday or anyone with information about where he is now should call police on 101.