Appeal over unidentified woman found in Lowestoft
Police are appealing for help in obtaining more information about a woman, believed to be in her 70s, who was found by officers and then taken for treatment for mental health issues.
The woman was initially detained by police on July 22 after officers were alerted when she took two items from a stall at the Britten Centre in Lowestoft.
Police say it quickly became apparent that she needed medical care and she was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
She was then taken into the care of Norfolk and Waveney Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust and is currently at its Carlton Court site.
The trust and police have since made numerous enquiries to determine who she is and where she is from.
You may also want to watch:
This included local searches, checks at possible addresses and enquiries with GPs.
So far she has given authorities four different names - June Betty Smith, Betty-Jane Cross, Jean Cook and Beryl Neave.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
But enquiries to determine her real identity, and where she lives have so far been unsuccessful. It is thought she is in her mid 70s but beyond this there is no other definite information.
She cannot be matched with any local missing persons reports but it is thought there may be family, friends or neighbours who may not be in regular contact but who may be able to identify who she is.
Anyone who may have any information about who she is or where she lives is asked to call the front desk at Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835300.