Appeal lodged over controversial Diss retail units
- Credit: Archant
A national pub chain who lost a controversial bid to build four retail units in Diss has appealed the decision.
Marston's application to develop the land to the rear of the Thatcher's Needle pub on Park Road was rejected by South Norfolk Council's planning committee in March.
Diss is known for its small and independent shops and traders expressed their concerns and objections against the retail units and 189 car parking spaces.
The plans were objected by Diss Town Council and it was recommend to South Norfolk Council to refuse the application.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover