Appeal for witnesses to Castle Acre fatal accident
- Credit: IAN BURT
An appeal for witnesses is being made by Essex police which is investigating a Norfolk road accident in which a woman died.
Officers from Essex police are investigating the road accident which happened in Castle Acre on Wednesday.
The female driver of a red Fiat people carrier, who has not been named, died at the scene of the crash after her vehicle was involved in an accident with a Fendt tractor on West Acre Road at about 3.20pm.
The tractor driver, who has not been named, was treated for minor injuries at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kings Lynn, before being released.
However, it has been confirmed that the tractor driver is related to Stephen Bett, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
Due to the tractor driver's relationship with Mr Bett, officers from Essex police are investigating and want to hear from anyone who saw the accident or who has any information.
Anyone who can help should either contact Essex Police on 101 and ask for the Serious Collision Investigation Team or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault