Appeal for witnesses launched after man suffers life-changing injuries in Wymondham crash
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an appeal for witnesses after a crash in Wymondham yesterday which left a man with serious injuries.
The collision happened on Monday, June 9 just after 2.30pm on Norwich Road, near to the junction with Oakwood Drive.
A blue Yahama R6 motorcycle and a black Vauxhall Insignia collided, and the motorcyclist subseqently went into two stationary vehicles.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital by air ambulance, where he remains in a stable condition with serious spinal and internal injuries.
Paramedic officer Luke Chamberlain described the injuries as 'life-changing'.
You may also want to watch:
The accident closed the road between the Waitrose roundabout and Turner Close while emergency services dealt with the incident. It was reopened at 5.20pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or has information concerning the driving/riding manner of either vehicle prior to the incident.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Witnesses should contact PC Paul Williams at Wymondham Roads Policing on 101.