Appeal for toys and tins to help make somebody’s Christmas in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Paula Waters-Bunn
An appeal is being made for donations of new toys for children to be handed out at Herbies foodbank at the Salvation Army in Great Yarmouth.
The current campaign is for Toys and Tins to help families over the Christmas period and backing the appeal is the local Labour Party which is holding a collection at Herois Do Mar, Broad Row on Saturday, December 10, from noon to 4pm.
Cllr Paula Waters-Bunn said: If anyone would like to make a donation please pop along on Saturday or alternatively the Salvation Army in Yarmouth accepts donations on a Monday 9.30-11.30am and a Thursday from noon until 2pm. A list of the items that can be donated can be found online at www.greatyarmouthfoodbank.co.uk/supplies-list-donate/ and all donations will be greatly appreciated.
'Many people are needing to use this valuable resource as a result of financial hardship. The recent changes in the benefits system caused by the government's austerity measures and the introduction of Universal Credit has resulted in people having to rely on the foodbank to feed their families.
'Many more people are being referred to the foodbank than ever before and Herbies, who rely on donations to help people in need, is running out of food.
Pictured is Cllr Waters-Bunn making a donation to Herbies foodbank.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out